1215 Hulton Road
Oakmont , PA 15139
Presbyterian SeniorCare (PSC) is Pennsylvania’s first accredited Aging Services Network and one of only a handful of long-term care organizations in the United States to hold such a distinction. PSC received the five-year accreditation in 2006, following an exhaustive review process by the joint Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CCAC).
PSC is a Christ-centered network of communities and services committed to excellence in enhancing the quality of life for older adults. Through three main campuses – Longwood at Oakmont, Oakmont and Washington plus 51 affiliates, PSC’s communities and services provide multiple levels of care and assistance to older persons in a variety of settings. PSC strives to consider all the possible needs of its diverse elderly population and respond with appropriate care and lifestyle options. Additionally, PSC maintains an ongoing commitment to benevolent care, subsidizing care costs from its own funds for many residents who have no other funding options.
- Assisted Living at Westminster Place of Oakmont and Longwood at Oakmont.
- World-renowned program for individuals with Alzheimer’s and other related dementias at Woodside Place.
- Independent apartment housing at multiple sites, some subsidized for low-income seniors.
- Supportive rental housing for persons with disabilities.
- Senior adult condominiums for middle-income seniors.
- Sub-acute skilled and intermediate nursing care and rehabilitation services at The Willows in Oakmont and at the Hanna Healthcare Center of Longwood at Oakmont.
Hospice and palliative care.
- A continuing care retirement community (CCRC) at Longwood at Oakmont. This Plum Borough community offers a gracious and relaxed lifestyle for seniors, plus a full range of supportive, recreational and healthcare services.
- A CCRC at Westminster Place of Oakmont. Offering independent living in an apartment setting on PSC’s Oakmont Campus.
- In-home care and services for life through Longwood At Home. Longwood At Home is based on the Longwood at Oakmont Continuing Care Retirement Community model and members have a broad range of services and support available to them in their own homes.
Originally founded in 1928 as the Presbyterian Association on Aging, Presbyterian SeniorCare was chartered in 1928 to care for older Presbyterians in the Pittsburgh area. Its flagship facility, the Oakmont Presbyterian Home (now Westminster Place) opened in 1950; and the Washington Presbyterian Home (now Southminster Place), in 1960. An organizational re-evaluation in 1979 led to open admissions policies to older adults of all faiths and laid plans for the development of a diverse system of care to better serve the needs of the growing, regional elderly population. Today it operates facilities and/or services that serve more than 6000 seniors annually throughout southwestern Pennsylvania.
Paul Winkler, President and CEO
Jim Pieffer - Senior Vice President PSC & President, SeniorCare Network
Joe Wenger - Senior Vice President, Finance/CFO
Susan Dachille, Executive Vice President, Management Development
Janet Barlett –Vice President, Development; Executive Director, PSC Foundation
Celeste Golonski - Corporate Compliance Officer
Stacie Bornemann – Senior Director, Marketing
Susan Collins – Senior Director, Assisted Living
Ellen Gamble – Senior Director, Communications
Cassandra Law – Senior Director, Supportive Housing
Lynne Sewell – Senior Director, Rehab Services
Ransom Towsley – Senior Director, Community Services
Jennie Firestone – Executive Director, The Willows
Mike Haye - Executive Director, Longwood at Oakmont
OPPORTUNITIES FOR CONGREGATIONAL OR INDIVIDUAL INVOLVEMENT
Volunteer service at all facilities; lay chaplaincy, Stephen Ministry, and visitation programs; service on committees; assistance with annual benefit events; donations to benevolent care and other service-related needs.
INFORMATIONAL PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
Speakers’ presentations on general aging topics or specific SeniorCare facilities and services; tours of any facility; presentations on estate and planned giving; Minutes for Mission.
VISIT US ON THE WEB