Allegheny Valley Association of Churches, Inc.
UNITED WAY #3014
1913 Freeport Road
Natrona Heights, PA 15065
The mission of the AVAC is to provide an ecumenical agency for cooperation of member churches to meet the spiritual and social needs of the community. The types of programs which are offered reflect the current needs of the residents in the community.
The organization was established in 1958 and was originally called the Council of Churches of the Upper Allegheny Valley. The name was changed later to the Allegheny Valley Association of Churches. It was incorporated in 1970 and currently has 41 member churches representing 12 denominations. The Food Bank was begun in 1975. It was incorporated in 1970 and has 43 member churches representing 12 denominations.
Karen Snair, Executive Director; Tina McCallian, Administrative Assistant; Mary Beth Hoover, Case Manager; Debbie Bush, Case Manager; Kathi DeSantis, Case Manager; Melissa Danielson, Food Bank Coordinator; Linda Roman, Secretary/Emergency Assistance Coordinator.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR CONGREGATIONAL OR INDIVIDUAL INVOLVEMENT
Volunteering in any of our programs; participating in our events; praying for the work we do in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ; sharing new ideas with us; visions and concerns for meeting the human needs in the community; and last but not least, donating food, money and time to the work of the AVAC.
INFORMATIONAL PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
We can provide speakers, PowerPoint presentations and videos to interpret our programs. The Executive Director is also available to speak on Sundays at worship services, Sunday school classes or any group gatherings.
VISIT US ON THE WEB