Lazarus Fund Ministry Team
The mission of the Lazarus Fund Ministry Team is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, by providing financial assistance to families and individuals of Allegheny County for rent, mortgage payments, security deposits and utilities, enabling them to overcome their economic difficulties through the grace and love of Jesus Christ as demonstrated through the giving of individuals and congregations of the Pittsburgh Presbytery.
Strategies of the ministry team to carry out this ministry:
- Encourage churches to consider this as a mission of Pittsburgh Presbytery, both in meeting the immediate needs of applicants and in follow-up ministry.
- Provide the necessary training and resources to churches on how to process applications, as well as the resources that are available of social service agencies and our own mission agencies to serve applicants.
- Provide our churches with publicity materials to help them educate their congregations of the needs of our community and to help them raise funds to support the Lazarus Fund.
- Work within the communities of Allegheny County to find ways to alleviate the issues that are causing hardship in families.
- Evaluate, on an on-going basis, the effectiveness of our ministry, and to adjust ways of handling the fund due to changing times and circumstances.