Commission on Preparation for Ministry (CPM)
The Commission on Preparation for Ministry is that entity in Pittsburgh presbytery charged by the Constitution of the Presbyterian Church (USA) “to facilitate the presbytery's oversight of inquirers and candidates, ...it may delegate its authority to designated entities within the presbytery. Such entities shall be composed of ruling elders and teaching elders in approximately equal numbers, bearing in mind the principles of unity in diversity in F-1.0403. All actions carried out as a result of delegated authority must be reported to the presbytery at its next regular meeting.” Book of Order G-3.0307
The Preparation for Ministry forms are to be used by those Presbyterians who:
* * * * *
Application to the CPM Process/Enrollment as an InquirerCPM 2012 MEETING DATES
- Form 1A - Application to be Enrolled by Presbytery as an Inquirer
- Form 1B - Questions for Reflection
- Form 1C - Financial Planning for Theological Education
- Form 1D - Session Evaluation & Recommendation
- Form 2A - Report of Consultation Regarding Application to be Enrolled as Inquirer
- Form 2B - Covenant Agreement & Inquirer Release
Applicants should contact their Session and Presbytery to make sure the forms have been forwarded (paperwork must be received by CPM at least two weeks prior to the CPM meeting the applicant wants to attend). See below for the meeting schedule.
Advance to Candidacy
IMPORTANT NOTE: Completion of ALL five forms listed below are required in the care process of Pittsburgh Presbytery in order to be considered advancement to Candidacy.
- Form 5A - Application to be Enrolled by Presbytery as a Candidate
- Form 5B - Session Evaluation & Recommendation for Candidate
- Form 5C - Report of Consultation Regarding Application to Become a Candidate
- Form 5D - Covenant Agreement & Candidate Release
- Required Candidacy Questions & Personal Statement of FaithInquirers should contact their Session and Presbytery to make sure the forms have been forwarded (all paperwork, including answers to the candidacy questions, must be received by CPM at least two weeks prior to the CPM meeting the applicant wants to attend). See below for the meeting schedule.Annual Consultation
- Planning Your Commission for Service of Reception as a Candidate for the Ministry of Word and Sacrament.
- Reception to Candidacy from the Book of Occasional Services.
- Planning Your Commission for Service of Ordination as a Minister of Word and Sacrament.
- Ordination Examinations Overview
- Ordination Examinations Handbook
- Ordination Examination Information & Registration (Bible Content & Standard Ordination Examinations)
- Ordination Examinations Schedule (Bible Content & Standard Ordination Examinations)
- Study Resources for Examinations
- Hints for Taking the Bible Exegsis ExaminationYou must receive permission from CPM to take both the Bible Content and the Standard Ordination examinations. Although the PC(USA) does not require permission for the Bible Content examination, it is a requirement in Pittsburgh Presbytery as you will find expressed in the document above titled, “A Caring Process.” If you need permission to take any of the ordination examinations, contact your Care Team at least two weeks prior to the next CPM meeting and let them know which exams you would like to take.
Scholarships/Student Aid Funds* * * * *
CPM 2013 MEETING DATES
All meetings are scheduled for 4:00 PM at the Pittsburgh Presbytery Center.
* All paperwork must be received by CPM no later than two weeks prior to the CPM meeting you hope to attend.
* * * * *
If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Miller (or call 412-323-1400 X 321).